7 Easy Steps to Affiliate Marketing Success (Intro & step I)
Introduction: Steps to Successful Affiliate Marketing
Many internet marketing methods are available for you to make some money online from home. But why should you embrace affiliate marketing?
The main reasons are:
• It is the quickest and easiest way to make money online
• You can start with zero to little money
• You can choose from a variety of programs to join
• You get generous commissions (20 – 90% of the selling price)
• You get paid as you produce results
• You can choose when to get paid
• You can work at your own pace
• There is no limit as to how much you can earn
No doubt millions of affiliates flock to affiliate marketing.
This doesn’t mean everybody is succeeding at affiliate marketing. But succeeding here is not meant to be hard. There are no better secrets to affiliate marketing success than to follow proven strategies.
These strategies are what the following easy-to-follow 7 steps to successful affiliate marketing is going to teach you:
1. Choose a niche you’re passionate about
2. Choose an affiliate structure to join
3. Build a website
4. Formulate a USP
5. Create a viral product
6. Produce and distribute content
7. Implement an email marketing system
In this 7-part article, we are going to look at each of these steps that you should waste no time in implementing right away.
Step One: Choose a Niche you’re Passionate about
Doing anything, either online or offline, wouldn’t be a chore at all if you enjoy it. So, first and foremost, you should identify a subject that really interests you, one you could talk about, listen to, or read about, the whole day without yawning repeatedly.
Let’s face it.
Imagine going into the business of raising snakes for their venom to sell to the pharmaceutical industry when the mere thought of those slithery things gives you the jitters!
Do you think that venture will go far?
Your answer is as good as mine.
Without the enthusiasm you will bring to a business, it’s just a question of time before you get bored and fed up with it. And then keeping your business going will be worse than drudgery. And under the circumstances, your business will never reach its full potential.
Fortunately finding a subject matter or a topic that excites you isn’t complicated.
For example, are you keen on health and fitness? Then you can consider a more specific aspect like Diets and Weight loss. Better still, concentrate on a more particular branch, like fat burning. The more you whittle down a subject the less competition you will have and the more your chances of success you will have.
Then you move on to choose your market.
This choice will depend on the following factors:
• Your knowledge of the market: If you’re passionate about a particular market, it could be that you know a lot about it or for the fact that you could easily learn about it.
• Your interest in the market: Knowledge should be an ongoing commitment and not something static. And for a good reason. In the ever changing online market, constantly updating your knowledge is necessary so as not to be left behind on the latest trends and tactics in your particular industry. Your interest in a given market will make your constant search for knowledge not only something you’ll love doing but also fulfilling.
• The outlook for the market: Of course, you wouldn’t want to be in a GLUTTED market, where your chances of getting a product off the saturated digital shelves are slim indeed. Instead, look for a READY market, the one HUNGRY for your product and to which you can readily sell to for as long as possible.
• The size of the demand of the market: As economics teaches us, the first component of success is that demand should be high.
• The keenness of the competition in the market: This is the second component of economic success which states that supply should be low.
Graphically stated: Low Supply + High Demand = Profitable Market
Never forget this important FORMULA of highly profitable businesses whenever you’re choosing a market.
But how do you choose a profitable market?
You can use many online tools to help you in this regard.
First, Identify Your Audience
Many online entrepreneurs start by focusing on what product to sell instead of on the audience. To better connect with a targeted audience of customers who have both the inclination to buy AND the capacity to pay, you must first identify who they are.
Second, Determine Demand
To determine demand in your chosen market, just go to Google Adwords Keyword Tool and type in your chosen subject. The results will display the keywords your audience is using to research products, services, solutions, and information related to your niche market.
If you do the research while logged into your Google Adwords account will provide you useful data related to these keywords such as local and global search volume, level of competition, average cost per click (CPC) and more.
What is important to note is the monthly search volume. The higher the search volume, the bigger the market. As a rule of thumb, anything over 1,000 exact match searches a month is worth your while.
Third, Determine Supply
After finding a sub-topic that commands many searches, you need to determine the number of competing websites ranked in Google for this exact keyword.
To do that, run a search of the sub-topic at google.com. Look at the number of web pages that appear, on the top area of the results page.
If the subject turns out 1,000,000 searches per month and you find 2,000,000 websites catering to it, clearly the supply outweighs the demand and therefore your chances of succeeding in this field are dim indeed.
But if you get 1,000,000 searches per month and 2,000 websites catering to the subject, then you have hit gold!
Better still, Kill two Birds with one Stone
A wonderful keyword research platform like jaaxy can simplify the task for you. For any research the most important metrics the tool gives you are:
• Avg (the average number of searches that the keyword receives per month): The higher the avg the better, because this shows that many people are interested in the subject.
• Traffic (visits to your website if you achieve first page rankings in the Search Engines): Here also the higher the traffic the better, since that will mean more eyeballs on your offer.
• QSR (Quoted Search Results: the number of competing websites ranked in Google for this exact keyword): The lower the figure, the better. The maximum figure to consider is 300.
• KQI (Keyword Quality Indicator: Green is great, yellow is OK, red is poor). You’d see that this closely matches the QSR. The higher the QSR, the poorer the KQI.
In the screenshot below is an example of a keyword research for the long tail keyword “make money online.”
Four, Research Industry Trends
Although the above may be enough, it is crucial to have an idea of where the niche market is going. For this, nothing beats Google Trends.
Take Law of Attraction for example. This niche peaked in 2007 and ever since has been on a steady decline. This means overall traffic in that niche is shrinking. In such a declining market it will be increasingly difficult for you indeed to drive traffic to your website.
Common sense will dictate that if you want a long term business, it’s better to enter a market that is growing or at least the one which is relatively stable.
Five, Decide to Enter the Niche Market
The rule of thumb is, if on a search page there is a ton of highly targeted ads at the top and in the right side bar, and on multiple pages, and with the top brands snugly fixed in the 3 premium spots, that market may probably be tough to break into. This is because you’d come up against well-established brands having large marketing budgets.
That doesn’t mean you must abandon the market. Simply look for other profitable long tail keywords that you can target. To do that, search further into the niche for what profitable keywords exist. Then propose the services, products and solutions the audience in this market is ready to pay for.
Following these first steps to affiliate marketing success would ensure that you start your online at home on a sound footing.
But it’s possible I haven’t covered everything in this first step of affiliate marketing success tips. If there’s something missing you’d want to add, simply scroll down to the comment box and let the world know! Thanks for your contribution.
Your personal guide to securing your future online