Step Three: Build a Website
Maybe you’re aware of the debate whether one can have affiliate marketing success with or without building a website.
One thing, some Internet marketing gurus claim that you can have affiliate marketing success without using a website.
That’s perfectly true. You can advertise your affiliate link in many places and get leads, signups and even make sales.
However having your own website will not only make things much easier for you, but also will multiply your profit several times!
Just as offline businesses have brick and mortar stores as their location in real life, your affiliate marketing business must also have a website as its virtual office.
Your own website will be the identity of your business, a store where you can drive traffic so that people will be exposed to your online business.
Besides, instead of posting your affiliates links all over cyberspace, you can use your website to host all them.
Now, why is this important?
Let’s imagine that you’re dealing with hundreds of products. This means you’ll have at least an equal number of affiliate links. Not to mention banner links.
This can be quite tricky, you know. If you’re going to promote your links at individual places, this will mean creating campaigns at a large number of places. This can be tiring, not only to do but also to manage.
If you had your own website, this would be just one place where you post all your affiliate links and where you lead all your prospects. Everything will be centralized and easy to manage.
The Essentials of a Website
To build your website, you will need these two things:
1. A domain name; and
2. A web hosting service.
Your Domain Name
The domain name is all that comes after the http://www. of your website URL but without the domain extension such as .com.
For example, this site’s URL (http://www.secureyourfuturewithus.com) has secureyourfuturewithus as its domain name.
Choosing a domain name
The following points are important when choosing a domain name for your website:
• The domain name should be relevant to the field you are engaged in
• The domain name should be easy to remember
• The domain name should be catchy
• The domain name should have the very popular .com domain extension. Should your chosen one be taken, settle for “.net,” “.info,” or “.org.” since they are well known too people are not likely to forget them.
Your domain name should be registered just like your brick and mortar business. I use NameCheap for this purpose.
Go to the site to check the incredible offer of $0.88 for your first year and other unbeatable services.
Web Hosting Service
After the above considerations, your next move would be to turn to a web hosting service provider.
I created this site using the unbeatable SiteRubix system at Wealthy Affiliate. You can even go there to build your own 2 beautiful WordPress websites free. It takes only a couple of clicks.
I also get my hosting there and learn secrets to affiliate marketing success, all for $47 per month.
What should a good Web Hosting Service Offer you?
Basically, you should be looking for 3 things from your web hosting service provider:
• Storage space: This refers to the number of files you can store in your account. It is recommended not to accept anything below 50MB.
• Bandwidth limit: This is how much data transfer can be accommodated by the web hosting service. Do not settle for anything less than 15GB per month.
• Excellent technical support: Your website depends on this the way you need oxygen. Technical support should make sure your website is live all the time. Should it go down, they must provide IMMEDIATE assistance to bring it back up.
This is what I get from Wealthy Affiliate
• State of the Art Secure and Fast Hosting (the most dependable in the WordPress World!)
• State of the Art, Unlimited Cloud Hosting (Premium Members)
• Live & Interactive Help (Live, 24/7/365 Chat)
You will also need an autoresponder service for your email marketing.
The money, they say, is in the list. Therefore, much of your financial success will depend on how big and how responsive your mailing list is.
What’s a “Mailing list?”
A mailing list is the list of email addresses of casual onlookers at your site that you collected to convert them into leads. This is where your easiest sales will come from.
And what makes email marketing possible is your autoresponder service.
So it is important that you choose a fantastic autoresponder service to give you solid ground to stand on. I use only Aweber, which is also recommended by many in the industry. You can take your 30-day FREE trial now.
It’s possible I haven’t covered everything here. If there’s something you feel people must know about, simply scroll down to the comment box and let the world know! Thanks for your contribution.
Your personal guide to securing your future online