How to sign up for a Clickbank Affiliate Account
Maybe you’ve heard that Clickbank has made millionaires out of 1000s of its affiliates. And you are looking to signing up for Clickbank affiliate account.
This article is therefore going to show you how to sign up for clickbank internet marketing affiliate program.
And to do that, the post will cover the following three points to signing up for clickbank affiliate account:
From which countries are affiliates accepted
Clickbank accept affiliates from over 150 countries.
Need the full list of accepted countries?
Click the signup page. Then enter your country name in the Country field.
Does your country appear?
Go ahead and sign up.
Does your country not appear?
Then you cannot sign up for a ClickBank affiliate account. Sorry.
N.B.: If after signing up for a Clickbank affiliate account from an accepted country you move to a country that is not accepted, you will no longer be able to use your ClickBank account. The opposite is also true.
So if you are planning to move to a country that is not accepted, you have to close your account to avoid forfeiting money.
How to sign up
These are the instructions to check these browser specific settings for Firefox and Internet Explorer:
- Internet Explorer –Select the Tools menu and choose Internet Options. Click on Security and make sure the security level zone is set to Medium-High. Then click on Privacy and set the cookies level to Medium.
After that it’s simple to sign up for a Clickbank affiliate account. Just follow the steps below:
- Click this link Register as a Clickbank affiliate
- Enter the following details:
- Preferred Language –It is in this language that the user interface and messages for your account will be displayed.
- Country –This is the country in which you live or in which you do your business.
- First Name –Write your given name here.
- Last Name –This is your family name.
- Street Address –This is your personal or business street address, not a P.O. Box one.
- Apt / Suite / Other –Enter the number if you or your business have an apartment, suite, or other number.
- Zip Code or Postal Code –Fill in your business’ area zip codes or the postal codes. (I usually enter the figure for my P.O. Box).
- State or Province –Type in the state or province where you live or where you have your business.
- City –This is the city where you live or where your business is located.
- Phone Number –Enter your primary phone number or that for your business.
- Email Address –Key in your personal primary email address or that for your business.
- ClickNext Step and you’ll land on the banking information page.
- Enter your banking information as follows:
- Payee Name –This is the name of the person or the business in whose name the check will be written out by ClickBank.
Don’t worry. You can change this name at any time.
- Bank Name –Enter the name of your bank.
- Banking Country –The country in which the bank is situated.
- Tax ID –Is your business is based in the US? Then enter its business’ Employer Identification Number (EIN) or your Social Security Number (SSN).
- Review the Client Contract carefully and then tick or check the checkbox to indicate that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions.
(People don’t often read such matters. They simply go to the end and check the box and click. Do you know how serious this is? In real life, will you sign an important contract without reading it?)
- Complete the reCAPTCHA challenge. (Of course if the reCAPTCHA is not clear, click for another one. The alternative one is often very clear.)
- ClickNext Step and the account information page will be displayed.
- Enter your account details:
- Account Nickname –This is the name you will use to log in to the user interface. It must be between five and ten characters long and use only letters and numbers. This nickname will be the ID of your affiliate referral links, and will appear in the comment field of your ClickBank affiliate checks. Choose this name carefully because after your account is created you cannot change it.
- Password –There are character and length restrictions associated with your password. They are displayed on the signup page. Your password can be reset whenever you wish, either through the UI or by having a password reset email sent to the email address associated with your account.
- Link Existing Account –Do you have an existing ClickBank account? Did you know that you can associate the new account with the old? Just check the checkbox and enter your existing account nickname and you’re done.
- ClickSubmit Account Registration and the ClickBank Client Survey will appear, and a confirmation email will be sent to the email address you used for signing up.
- Fill out the ClickBank Client survey, clickSubmit Survey and the ClickBank University page will come up. Signing up to the Clickbank University is optionally, but it will enable you to learn more.
- Go to your email, open the confirmation email and click the confirmation link.
You will be informed that your email address is confirmed. This means that your Clickbank affiliate account is created.
Put log in and forgotten password images
Logging in and forgotten password
Click Log In at the top of the ClickBank site, enter your Clickbank account nickname and your password, pass the reCAPTCHA challenge and log in.
Have you forgotten your password? It happens to all of us. Get a new one by clicking Forgot Your Password? below the login boxes.
Taxpayer ID Requirement
U.S. based Affiliate accounts making over $600 are required to have a taxpayer ID number of some kind attached to their account, at a minimum a social security number. While inputting the social security number, be sure to use the proper 9-digit format including dashes: 123-45-6789.
ClickBank encourages U.S. based Affiliates gaining more than $600 a year to obtain an IRS issued Employer Identification Number (EIN) to input into your account as a taxpayer ID number.
Don’t yet have one?
Get yours here IRS website.
This is a free process. The IRS will either provide you’re the number online, or send it to yu by snail mail.
When you get your EIN, don’t forget to key it in to all of your ClickBank accounts, in this 9-digit format: 12-3456789. This helps to simplify the year-end 1099 reporting requirement.
It is important that the taxpayer ID number input to your account match the payee name on the account.
If you are utilizing a business payee name but reporting under an individual social security number, then you need to fax a completed IRS W-9 form to Clickbank at 559-210-0502. Include a cover sheet that indicates your account nickname.
Secondly, if you are utilizing a U.S. address but are a beneficial resident of a foreign country, you will rather fax a completed IRS W-8ben form to the company at 559-210-0502. Here also include a cover sheet that indicates your account nickname.
I hope this article helps you to sign up to Clickbank as an affiliate. But if you have any questions, just scroll down to the comment box and I will answer them soonest.
Want to promote and market Clickbank products without hassles?
Your personal guide to securing your future onlineAkoli