This article is based on my personal experience of a 9-5 worker. Of how I sought to succeed online working from home but ended up sinking deeper into debt and despair. And how finally I found the right way to succeed on the web.
Why am I writing this article?
All have gone round in circles, wasting time and money and piling on debts and heartaches before discovering this source of hope and success.
I thought there are many of such people out there and there will be no better gift than to reach out to them and show them the path to real and durable online success.
Why did I seek to work succeed online working from home?
My latest work was as temporary contract teacher. I was only paid for the number of hours effectively taught.
This meant that I got nothing for bank and national holidays and for the first (Christmas), second (Easter) and long term (3 months) holidays.
The classes were overcrowded, which meant a lot of work teaching and grading copies.
The hourly rate paid by all the private universities was lower than the official one. There was nothing lecturers could do about this cartel situation. Really?
Before learning how to succeed online working from home
I had worked before in a West German import-export company where I was earning well, had an official car and other perks. I had also run my own general merchandising store whose growth was reassuring. Last, I worked online as a broker, looking for products on B2B sites and joining buyers and sellers together.
Socio-political problems following the difficult democratisation of my country Togo in the 90s killed the first two businesses and scammers finished off the third. These failures brought me to teaching. I was going to use it as a fill in until a better opportunity came (I had thought) but it had been dragging on for well over a decade.
My initial steps tring to succeed online working from home
In August of 2011, right in the middle of a long vacation, I said that enough was enough. I couldn’t stand it anymore for as a local proverb says “what will a canoe do to someone who had lived off a ship?”
So I went into a cybercafé, searched online and fell on blogging.
This appealed to me since it combined three of my interests: doing business, writing and teaching.
I paid for a training with Web Colleagues to create a blog on blogspot.com but today, with hindsight, I see that the training was woefully inadequate to create a stunning, high converting website and succeed in affiliate marketing.
What was lacking in my training to succeed in working from home?
Everyone will agree that there is a big difference between general training and specialist training. Nothing is wrong with the first but the second is simply better. This was the case of my training with Web Colleagues and Wealthy Affiliate.
Web Colleagues’ training taught me how to create a blog, how to post articles to the blog, and how to sign up to the most important affiliate networking companies (PayDotCom, Rakuten Linkshare, ClickBank and Commission Junction).
I also learnt how to submit the blog to search engines, how to monetize the blog with contextual ads from bidvertiser and adsense (which refused my application for lack of appropriate content and traffic), and how if I blogged consistently I would start seeing results as the number of my blog visitors will keep growing.
I did just that but sometimes 300 people will visit the blog but most times the number was between 25 and 60, not enough for any blog to make its owner decent money.
In fact, I wasn’t even earning anything. Seeking to succeed at all costs led me to other online opportunities where I ended up spending money on one worthless shiny object after another.
As they say, I was moving from the frying pan into the fire. I needed to extricate myself from there if I didn’t want to burn out.
Never, ever give up if you want to succeed in life in general and online in particular.
What am I so optimistic now about succeeding on line working from home?
Although I had stopped posting to my blog and abandoned most of my shiny objects and was now saving some money, I did “skeleton service”. That was how I fell on Wealthy Affiliate.
It was in April this year (2015).
I don’t quite remember what I was looking for but I stumbled upon a website whose owner looked quite successful and they said that the way they learnt to stop wasting time and succeed online was learn with Wealthy Affiliate.
The site was so highly recommended from a trustworthy source that I didn’t hesitate to go and check it and ended up signing up on the spot.
What’s the difference with Wealthy Affiliate?
It will be tedious to list all the benefits of learning to do affiliate marketing and creating a website with Wealthy Affiliate. But permit me to list a few.
The first benefit is that you can learn with them as a free member and in addition get two WordPress websites free. (But I upgraded to premium member on realizing the extra benefits. I had gone around too long in circles and I couldn’t afford to grow slowly.)
Now here are what you will you get as a Wealthy Affiliate:
• Getting Started Training (so SIMPLIFIED everybody can do it!)
• Video training, Tutorial training, Classroom training and Courses
• 100,000’s of community members to HELP you around any difficulty
• 13+ Full, Interactive Classrooms
• Live & Interactive Help (even at ungodly hours of the day!)
• 2 Free, Beautifully Designed WordPress Websites (the best!)
• State of the Art Secure and Fast Hosting (the most dependable in the WordPress World!)
• Access to Industry Experts & Millionaires
• A strict spam free environment.
• Completely FREE to Get Started! (with no catches)
When you join, you’d also have access to:
• Keyword & Competition Research Tool
• WordPress Express (3 click website builder)
• Low Competition, Cherry Picked Keyword Lists
• State of the Art, Unlimited Cloud Hosting (Premium Members)
• Access to over 2,400 website templates/themes
• Ability to add over 30,000 different “features” to your website
• Rapid Writer, your content “friend”
There are many other different types of support offered at Wealthy Affiliate, such as:
• Live, 24/7/365 Chat
• Interactive Discussions
• Live Question & Answer periods
• Private 1-on-1 support with ME
• Private access to community experts
Above all I’m creating a blog through a step-by-step 7-level course each made up of 10 lessons, each of them provided with one, two or no videos. Now I see clearly why I had a blogspot.com which sucks. When I finish I know I will have an authority blog instead of one which sucks. Therein lays my hope of making money online.
Do you also want to succeed online working from home?
This is no affiliate hype. There is no better advice I can give you than to ask you to head over right now to the Wealthy Affiliate site and see how to succeed online working from home (and if you have been working unsuccessfully online) or what you have been missing all this while.
Do you have any experience (positive or negative) of how to succeed online working from home? Kindly share them in the comments box below or simply contact me on my Wealthy Affiliate Profile. I will react to it within 24 hours.
Check these Other blog posts on How to succeed online working from home:
- Detailed List of Ways to Start and Run an Online Business Successfully
- 6 steps to starting a successful online business
- 17 Great Resources to Start and Run an Online Business Successfully
- Do You Want to Succeed Quickly Online? – Then Consider These Top 25 Most Profitable Niches
- Whose Perspective Will Bring You Success In Your Online Business – Yours or Your Prospects’?
- Do You Want to Succeed Online – Why Don’t You Use What You Have in Common with Your Prospects to Make Them Like You and Ensure That?
- Can You Become Successful at Wealthy Affiliate? – Find Out In These True Stories
Your personal guide to securing your future online