How to Use the Clickbank Marketplace
This post will teach you to understand and therefore know how to better use the Clickbank Marketplace.
It will be developed as follows:
- Exploring the Marketplace
- Meaning of Marketplace Statistics
- Picking and Promoting Products
- Marketplace Product Categories
The ClickBank marketplace is where Clickbank vendors put valuable information such as their products, promotional materials and sales statistics at the disposal of Clickbank affiliates.
The products are available in all languages and types and are searchable. When you do so and find the best Clickbank products for you to promote, all you have to do is generate a HopLink that contains your nickname and the vendor’s. So when a customer who clicks on this link is directed to a vendor’s page and makes a purchase, you receive a commission for the sale.
Exploring the marketplace
Are you a Clickbank affiliate and in search of a product to promote? ClickBank Marketplace is the place to go to.
When you land there you’ll see a search box like this:
The two main ways available to you to look for products to promote are to:
- Use particular keywords or sales statistics as search terms,
- Browse through product categories and sub-categories in many ways.
You can do these in 23 categories of products as well as in their sub-categories. But if you can’t settle on the types of products to choose, just begin with a general category.
After narrowing down your search, you can sort your results further with the Sort Results By dropdown, narrowing your results using product attributes, or by performing an Advanced Search.
- Sort by –With this menu you can order the results of your search according to the sales performance of the products. This way you can order the results by number of sales, products with the highest average commission rates, amount earned per sale, etc. Read Clickbank’s blog post Sort Your Way to Success to learn how these sales statistics can help you decide which products to promote. Know that if you do a keyword search, products will automatically be ordered as to how relevant they are to your search term(s).
- Narrowing results – You can filter search or browsing results using other criteria, like product attributes (Shippable Media, the language(s) the vendor offers the products in, and whether the product is a one-time purchase or is a recurring billing product).
- Advanced Search – This menu gives you highly targeted search results. So the Marketplace listings can meet your rigorous criteria for promotion. With Advanced Search you can perform sophisticated searches for certain product criteria. Therefore you can look for listings in a particular category that is situated in a certain gravity range, or recurring billing products higher than a certain commission rate.
The following is a Clickbank video which tells you all you need to know to use the Resources, Filters and Attributes in the left sidebar of the Marketplace to find suitable products, and to keep track of the products you’re promoting and of what’s performing well for you.
How to Improve Your Search Results
You’ve no doubt carried out research where some results didn’t fit with your keyword. For example, you searched for “affiliate business” and came up with listings some of which bore the term “business” in the description that had nothing to do with the word affiliate.
Should your marketplace search turn up numerous irrelevant results, just make your search more specific or simply eliminate keywords that don’t fit your niche.
This is how to do it:
- Enter your keywords in quotes (“weight loss”), and the Marketplace will only return listings that use only that phrase.
- Enter your keywords with AND in between (weight AND loss), and the Marketplace will only return listings that use both
- Enter your keywords with OR in between (weight OR loss), and the Marketplace will return listings that have either
- Enter your keywords with NOT between (weight NOT loss), and the Marketplace will exclude any listings that include the second term.
- Enter + before a keyword (weight +loss), and the Marketplace will only return listings that include the + keyword.
- Enter – before a keyword (weight –loss), and the Marketplace will exclude any listings that include the – keyword.
- Use parentheses with your keywords to do more complicated searches. For example, if you type (weight OR loss) AND help, you will get results that include either weight or loss combined with the word help, example: weight help or loss help.
To broaden your results, include “wildcats” with those searches:
- Use ? and the Marketplace will return listings that use keywords in which the ? is replaced with a single letter. So, if you type lin?, you would get results as line or link.
- Use * and the marketplace will return listings that use keywords which replace the * with multiple characters. Let’s say you type lin*. The Marketplace will give results that include line, lining, liner, link, linking, linker, etc. You can find this very useful as it returns listings with related keywords, such as the link/linker/linking example.
- Use ~ after a keyword and the Marketplace will return listings with keywords with spelling similar to the keyword. An example is the term feel~. This would return listings with keywords such as deed, need, feel, keel, etc.
So, use these special search techniques to ensure that your searches are as targeted and relevant to your niche as possible.
How to View Removed Products
Have you tried to find a product in the Marketplace but didn’t find it in the marketplace? It might have been removed either by the vendor or by ClickBank.
But you can still see it.
Just click the Recently Removed option in the Resources box as in the following image:
Meaning of marketplace statistics
At the bottom of the Clickbank products you want to promote are sales statistics as in the image:
This shows information about the vendor’s sales, commissions, and product category. If you have already promoted a vendor’s products, you will find information about your hops, earnings, and sales with them in the My Stats section.
The statistics are calculated using an average of the past 12 weeks of sales. However the statistics are not displayed for new products.
Here are some of the information you can find in the Stats section:
- Initial $/sale –Is the average amount an affiliate obtains for each sale of a product, including one-time upsell purchases. Refunds, chargebacks, and sales tax are factored into this figure. Vendors sometimes offer products with different prices and commissions, so the amount you receive on any given sale may not match this number exactly.
- Avg Rebill Total –You will see this number only in the case where the vendor offers recurring billing products (e.g., memberships and subscriptions which regularly bill customers over time). This number is the average amount an affiliate gains on all of the rebilled sales, excluding the initial sale.
- Avg $/sale –If it is a one-time purchase, this number is the same as Initial $/sale. But if the vendor deals in recurring billing products, it equals the average total of the initial sale and all rebills, divided by the number of initial sales. In other words, for every new purchase of this product, this amount is the average you’d make in total over the life of a new customer. As an average; this amount is not guaranteed.
- Avg %/sale –Is the average commission rate received for all sales of a vendor’s products, as well as one-time purchases, rebills, and upsell purchases. Note that as vendors sometimes offer different commission rates for different types of products, this figure may not exactly match the commission rate you get on any given sale.
- Avg %/rebill –You only see this if the vendor sells recurring billing products, and displays the average commission rate made only on rebills. Vendors can offer different commission rates on the initial sale and the rebills.
- Grav –Is the abbreviation for GRAVITY™ performance statistic. It is a figure that represents a unique calculation by ClickBank that takes into consideration the number of different affiliates who earned a commission by promoting this product over the past 12 weeks. More recent transactions are given a higher value, so this figure can help you know the “hot” products at the moment, in regards of being promoted by many affiliates and making a good number of sales. But careful! High gravity can also be the sign of keen competition in promoting this product.
- Cat – Is the Marketplace category and sub-category of the vendor.
Concerning the My Stats section, it offers these details:
- Hops Generated –Is the total number of hops you’ve generated (which is the users who have followed your HopLink to the vendor page).
- Earnings Per Hop –Your total earnings over the number of hops you’ve generated.
- Refund Rate –The percentage of customers whom you’ve referred and who have received a refund.
- Chargeback Rate –The percentage of customers referred by you that have charged back their orders.
- Initial Sales –The amount you’ve gained from initial sales of recurring products plus sales of standalone products.
- Rebill Sales –The amount you’ve received from rebills of recurring products.
- Upsells –The amount you’ve got from upsell products.
Here are also what the number of different icons below each listing mean:
How to pick and promote products
To explore the Clickbank products further in your search, you only have to click on the Marketplace listing title (in red) and this will take you to the vendor’s website.
There you can get more information about the product as well as ideas on how to promote it, including what keywords people might use in their search to find it, benefits you can highlight in your promotions, etc.
You can also click the Vendor Spotlight link on the right side of the listing for more details on the vendor, such as a recent history of their product’s gravity, and any announcements they’ve created to help affiliates promote their product or learn about other interesting products they will be releasing soon. You may also find other accounts they recommend that affiliates promote or have a look at.
Now that you’ve finally decided on a product to promote, what next?
Simply click the Promote button to the right of the listing.
This will generate a customized HOPLINK™ referral tracking URL that you can use to promote the product.
For more information about HopLinks and how they work, see How to Create and Use Hoplinks.
Marketplace Product Categories
Below is a complete list of ClickBank’s Marketplace categories and subcategories.
Arts & Entertainment
- Body Art
- Film & Television
- Magic Tricks
- Casino Table Games
- Football (American)
- Horse Racing
- Careers, Industries & Professions
- Equities & Stocks
- Foreign Exchange
- International Business
- Management & Leadership
- Marketing & Sales
- Personal Finance
- Real Estate
- Small Biz / Entrepreneurship
- Email Services
- Operating Systems
- System Administration
- System Analysis & Design
- Web Hosting
- Web Site Design
Cooking, Food & Wine
- Drinks & Beverages
- Regional & Intl.
- Special Diet
- Special Occasions
- Vegetables / Vegetarian
- Wine Making
E-business & E-marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Article Marketing
- Blog Marketing
- Classified Advertising
- E-commerce Operations
- E-zine Strategies
- Email Marketing
- Market Research
- Niche Marketing
- Paid Surveys
- Pay Per Click Advertising
- SEM & SEO
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Educational Materials
- Higher Education
- Student Loans
- Test Prep & Study Guides
Employment & Jobs
- Cover Letter & Resume Guides
- Job Listings
- Job Search Guides
- Job Skills / Training
- Console Guides & Repairs
- Strategy Guides
- Alternative Energy
- Conservation & Efficiency
Health & Fitness
- Dental Health
- Diets & Weight Loss
- Exercise & Fitness
- Men’s Health
- Mental Health
- Sleep & Dreams
- Spiritual Health
- Strength Training
- Women’s Health
Home & Garden
- Animal Care & Pets
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Gardening & Horticulture
- How-to & Home Improvements
- Interior Design
- Sign Language
- Developer Tools
Parenting & Families
- Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Special Needs
Politics/ Current Events
- Catalogs & Directories
- Consumer Guides
- Gay / Lesbian
- Law & Legal Issues
- The Sciences
- Dating Guides
- Eating Disorders
- Marriage & Relationships
- Motivational / Transformational
- Personal Finance
- Public Speaking
- Self Defense
- Stress Management
- Time Management
Software & Services
- 3D Printing
- Anti Adware / Spyware
- Background Investigations
- Developer Tools
- Digital Photos
- Foreign Exchange Investing
- Graphic Design
- Internet Tools
- MP3 & Audio
- Operating Systems
- Other Investment Software
- Personal Finance
- Registry Cleaners
- Reverse Phone Lookup
- Screensavers & Wallpaper
- System Optimization
- Web Design
Spirituality, New Age & Alternative Beliefs
- Extreme Sports
- Individual Sports
- Martial Arts
- Other Team Sports
- Outdoors & Nature
- Racket Sports
- Water Sports
- Winter Sports
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Specialty Travel
- United States
N.B. : Categories and subcategories change regularly, so check the Marketplace often for the most current list.
Resources to use to Promote Programs in the Clickbank Marketplace
Your personal guide to securing your future onlineAkoli