Disclosure: This List of 37 Highly Effective SEO tips for Bloggers may contain affiliate links. This means we may make a small commission if you make a purchase. This doesn’t cost you anymore but it does help us to continue publishing helpful content. Continue, if you’re okay with that and thank you for your support!
To the reader: Want to read this article in its entirety? Then go to 37 highly effective SEO tips for bloggers
Need a little more than a list post? Then go to Summary list of 37 highly effective SEO tips for bloggers
As a blogger you need highly effective SEO tips.
So we’re going to look at a list of 37 highly effective SEO tips for bloggers. They will be under sub-titles like 5 basic, 17 intermediate, and 15 advance highly effective SEO tips for bloggers.
What is SEO?
As the name suggests, SEO (in full, Search Engine Optimization), means optimizing your blog / website and posts / pages for search engines.
…Why SEO is still important
But, the biggest source of organic traffic to blogs is still the Google search engine.
…How does SEO work?
SEO is a series of tactics which enable you to control on page and off page SEO.
That said, here is a list of 37 highly effective SEO tips for bloggers that you need to start implementing right now.
They are divided into three levels:
- 5 basic highly effective SEO tips for bloggers
- 17 intermediate highly effective SEO tips for bloggers
- 15 advance highly effective SEO tips for bloggers.
We will begin with level one:
I. 5 Basic list of highly effective SEO tips for bloggers
The first part of highly effective basic SEO tips we’re going to see concerns content matters:
1. Think about what you’re going to write
2. Make a structure
3. Write titles for search engines, but especially for people
4. Write to solve your audience’s problems
5. Prefer quality to quantity
i. Is content still king?
ii. …“Quality content is the President, actually
iii. Quality content is what Google rewards
II. 17 Intermediate list of highly effective SEO tips for bloggers
6. Learn basic HTML
7. Configure Robots.txt file in Search Console
8. Mind your URLs
iv. Reset SEO friendly URLs
v. Transform those ugly-looking URLs into pretty ones
vi. Format your post URL link
9. Provide tags for your post
vii. Meta tags
viii. H1 title tag
ix. Subheadings H2, H3
x. Meta description / snippet
10. Use images and optimize them for SEO
11. Build links
xi. Link internally
xii. Build external or outbound links
xiii. Get backlinks by guest post blogging on relevant blogs
xiv. Get backlinks by writing for article publishing sites
xv. Get backlinks through other websites’ broken links
xvi. Don’t resort to links manipulation
xvii. Create linkable assets
xviii. Beware of spam backlinks
13. Protect comment section of your post
14. The right keywords are the beginning of SEO
xix. Do keyword research and target long-tail keywords
xx. How can you find such words?
Another great tool you can use to find keywords that are relevant to your content is Answer the Public.
xxi. Finding money making keywords
Your keyword research should include those of commercial intent or buyer keywords.
xxii. Focus on long-tail keywords
If you’re in the health advice field you may think using the keyword “health advice” will make you show up higher because lots of people would be searching using “health advice.”
But your blog isn’t probably going to beat the big guns that you see in the top places in the image below.
xxiii. Using your chosen keywords in your content
xxiv. Maintain the keyword density
xxv. Providing more keywords
15. Use Schemas
16. Implement a structured data markup
The pro tip they gave was: “Check out the schemas you can apply to your website! I’m sure you searched for this kick-ass microwaved chicken recipe. Did you see all those stars, images and stuff?”
And then gave “this simple markup of the recipe for this chicken.”
Elephate suggested to use the Structured Data Markup Helper. It will teach you everything about it. Having got the hang of it, you can pick any web page and try different markups yourself.
The table below (still from the quoted elephate piece) will help you.
17. Have a look at the Google SERP page…
18. …Then optimize for rich search results
You may find that you need to use schema markup to help your content stand out in the main list of results. Or that you may have to optimize your blog post to aim for the featured snippet.
19. Provide good title, description, and footer text
20. TF*IDF – The algorithm to rule them all
21. Monitor your blog’s performance
xxvi. Have a look at your site’s loading speed
xxvii. Make sure your blog is mobile-friendly
22. Make your blog’s information architecture neat and simple
III. 15 Advance list of highly effective SEO tips for bloggers
23. Install Yoast SEO plugin
Here are some of the features of the free version:
Check Tomek Rudzki’s great article on how to use regex in SEO.
24. Avoid duplicate posts
To do so, the mainly three ways available to you are given by 11 SEO Tips for Bloggers https://www.elephate.com/blog/11-seo-tips-bloggers/ that I quote:
- Redirecting duplicated pages
- Setting a link rel=”canonical” tag (this is a hint for Google as to which webpage is main – “canonical”)
- Using the parameter handling tool in Google Search Console for some cases, (Crawl ->Url Parameters)
25. Install Screaming Frog
Elephate gave the data directly available in the application (through tabs) as:
26. Use Google Webmaster Tools
xxviii. Create Google Search Console for your Blog
xxix. Set a Preferred Domain
xxx. Integrate Google Analytics
27. Get an XML Sitemap
28. Avoid Unnecessary Dilution of Your Page Authority
29. You must try to avoid Google Penalty at all costs
30. Update old posts to keep them current
31. Feature Influencers in Your Blog Posts
32. Build relationships within your niche
33. Try your hand at different content formats
34. Build the authority of your blog
35. Create epic content
36. Invest in SEO Tools
xxxi. Keyword research
xxxii. Rank Tracking
xxxiii. On-Page SEO
xxxiv. Link Building
xxxv. Content Creation
xxxvi. All-in-one Tools
Do you need free tools from a great source? Then check this post.
37. Continue to keep an eager eye on SEO updates
It is my hope that these highly effective SEO tips for bloggers have given you a new perspective on how to get search engines to give your blog traffic.
Tip: Keep following this blog for more knowledge on blogging and affiliate marketing.
Now, it’s your turn
So, what are some more highly efficient SEO tips for bloggers I didn’t treat here? Or what do you have to say about this post or sections of it?
Let us know below, and thanks for your valuable contribution.
Your personal guide to securing your future online