Summary list of technical tasks to outsource as a blogger, Part II
PART II: TECHNICAL MATTERS
The second part of this article will take a look at the technical matters you can outsource, and the roles that the persons/companies you outsource the tasks to will be playing.
The roles are:
1. Audio or Video Editor
2. Graphic or Web Designer
3. Web Developer
Looking for a quick read? Click to see list of tasks to outsource as an overwhelmed blogger
Now, for each role, which are the tasks you can entrust to the technical persons/companies?
ROLE 1: AUDIO OR VIDEO EDITOR
Audio or video editing can be both time-consuming and daunting to some people. If this is your case, the tasks you can delegate in this regard are:
4. Basic Editing of Audio Files
5. Removing Background Noise from Audio and Video
6. Adding Intros and Outros to Videos
7. Basic Photoshop or Image Editing (N.B.: Not Graphic Design)
8. Powerpress (Podcasting WP Plugin) Installation
9. Podcast Setup on iTunes
10. Podcast Insertion on Blogpost
11. Transcription of Video and Audio Files
12. Uploading Videos to YouTube and other Video Sharing or Social Media Sites
ROLE 2: GRAPHIC OR WEB DESIGNER
You may be good with the technical side of using designing software but lack creativity and vice versa.
So let the specialist handle the following tasks for you:
13. Basic Video Editing (Splicing Intros and Outros with Raw Footage)
14. Designing Infographics Images (Content Provided)
15. Designing Landing or Sales or Opt-In Pages
16. Designing Logos, Banners, Icons, eBook Covers and Headers
17. Designing Websites, Creating Mock-Ups
ROLE 3: WEB DEVELOPER
If you’re not a web developer, you may end up creating a mess when customizing your blog.
Why subject yourself to unnecessary stress when someone out there can help you with:
Your Blog Design Task
Many experienced bloggers do not recommend designing and customizing your blog even if you were a graphic designer or web developer.
Blogger Tyrone Shum in 5 Tips On How To Outsource Your Blogging says for a unique blog design, you should hire a part-time graphic designer from the Philippines for $200 a month.
Technical Issues with your Blog Task
The same Tyrone Shum says there are aspects of his blog which need to be updated and changed from time to time. The more complicated it is, the more time it takes. And that is reason enough for him not to do it.
Website Updates Task
Coding can be hard to learn and do. So consider outsourcing your website coding updates.
IT Support or Helpdesk Task
Outsource your IT related tasks to either a local or a remote company. So if there is a technical issue an email to the web developers will quickly fix the bug.
Some of the tasks to hand over are:
18. Support and Develop WordPress (PHP)Websites
19. Install WordPress PlugIns and Themes
20. WordPress Theme Customization
21. WordPress Functionality and PlugIn Enhancement
22. Site Maintenance or Security and Troubleshooting
23. CRM Integration and Social Media Integration
24. Payment Gateway Integration
25. Install and Support an Email Ticketing System (eg. ZenDesk)
See Chris Ducker’s Use my ‘3 Lists to Freedom’ exercise to create your own, personalized list!
Some pieces of advice
Don’t assume that one virtual staff employee can do everything. So hire for the roles, not the tasks.
That means building a team. A team in which each role player will bring on board knowledge of a certain number of tasks to work together to achieve your goal as a business owner.
Don’t forget also that some of these tasks will require training, especially ones that need the use of online tools.
Check the VSF Academy for some basic VA training which will enable your GVA’s handle all of these types of tasks with ease and confidence.
Remember, the key to working online is to strike a balance between blogging
and lifestyle. Therefore having others do the “behind the scenes” work will allow you to focus your time and energy on only the essential tasks of blogging and give you time to enjoy your lifestyle.
Don’t forget: “No person will make a great business who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit.”- Andrew Carnegie.
Did you find this post helpful? Or are there some tasks not listed here you’d like to share? Just scroll down to the comment box below and let us know. Thank you.
Your personal guide to securing your future online
Want to read the full article? Click to see Are you Overwhelmed Blogging? – Then Outsource your Tasks (Part II)