Step Two: Join the best affiliate networks and high paying affiliate programs
After settling on your promising market, the next step is to:
1. Choose to join an affiliate program; and/or
2. Be part of an affiliate network.
Join an Affiliate Program
An affiliate program is the one where you sign up as an affiliate directly with the merchant offering the product.
Be part of an affiliate network
An affiliate network where products are offered by a third party on behalf of different merchants.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Joining either of these Affiliate Structures
Advantages of Joining an Affiliate Program
Affiliate programs have fewer affiliates. This means less competition. Consequently greater chances to succeed.
Disadvantages of Joining an Affiliate Program
An affiliate program will have fewer products for you to promote. And should the merchant close down, your business is also gone.
Advantages of Joining an Affiliate network
Affiliate networks offer you a wide choice of products to promote as well as great opportunities to affiliate marketing success.
Should a merchant in the network disappear, you can move on to another one.
Disadvantages of Joining an Affiliate network
Having so many products to choose from can sometimes make your choice difficult.
Since many people are doing the same thing in affiliate networks, the competition is very keen.
We repeat the formula here for your benefit:
High demand for a product + little competition = maximum profit
There are good and bad affiliate programs and networks.
Telltale Signs to watch out for
In Bad Affiliate Programs
• The affiliate program offers inferior quality products
• The affiliate program offers products that are difficult to sell
• The affiliate program has a history of failing to pay its affiliates
• The affiliate program has a dubious history in its dealing with its clients and partners
• The affiliate program is struggling when it comes to its finances
• The affiliate program is operated by someone who is quite hesitant to introduce themselves
In Good Affiliate Programs
• The affiliate program has a product selling like hot cakes
• The affiliate program has a gratuitous commission scheme: most affiliate programs offer 20% or 50% to as high as 90%.
• The affiliate program is known for its credibility
• The affiliate program has an excellent after-sales service
Some Best Paying Affiliate Programs and Affiliate Networks to Join
Turboaffiliates: Turboaffiliates will give you some mighty fine choices of great selling products, as well as a commission rate that can’t be beat.
Aweber: Email marketing. Click here for a 30-day trial
JVZoo: Sell in-demand digital products as an affiliate
CBProAds: Promote Clickbank products the easy way
Peerfly: Join the fastest growing affiliate network in the world and watch your profits soar!
CBSurge: Promote the fastest-selling Clickbank products without all the hassle
CBTopSites: Get all the Clickbank products on one convenient website
Rakuten Linkshare: Experience for yourself why Rakuten were voted the #1 Affiliate Marketing Network five years in a row.
Clickbank: Work with the largest retailer of digital products in the world
Share-A-Sale: Join the leading provider of performance marketing solutions for the past 16 years
Clicksure: Realize your business potential with the Clicksure network
Commission Junction: Get results for your affiliate business
Ebay partner program: Promote Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More
Amazon: Online shopping for Electronics, Apparels, Computers, Books, DVDs and more
PayDotCom: Sell your products and services here, or Promote products here and earn commissions
It’s possible I haven’t covered everything here. If there’s something missing you’d want to add, simply scroll down to the comment box and let the world know! Thanks for your contribution.
Your personal guide to securing your future online
Want to read the whole article? Click 7 Easy Steps to Affiliate Marketing Success – Step II